Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11251
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371340 Date posted 11/19/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a Quality Engineer in support of the Quality Logistic Team at the Southern Logistic Center (formally the Georgia Distribution Center). In this role, you will update the required IT systems to enable the parts to be final packed and shipped.
Primary Responsibilities are:
- Perform as the Quality engineer representing Pratt & Whitney
- Responsible to ensure adherence to the Quality Management Systems.
- Leads and coordinates Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) initiatives.
- Lead and assist with Quality initiatives to continually improve performance and reduce escapes
- Support, direct, and train Inspection personal.
- Review, investigate and make dispositions of parts or materials placed on Quality Review due to deviations from engineering specifications.
- Review and interpret applicable engineering detail and assembly drawings, engine manuals, clearance charts, engineering changes, and specifications to determine the severity of the material deviations.
- Make dispositions of parts and materials based on evaluation of technical requirements and end use.
- Evaluate Quality Notifications and related documentation for accuracy and completeness as received from both internal and external sources. Provide the necessary controls for storage and control of nonconforming material.
- Perform JC&L2 ITC classifications as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists in the oversight of the 3PL operations to ensure compliance to PWQMS.
- Conduct Internal Audits as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree OR currently enrolled in a degree program
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, operations, quality, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Superior Interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371340
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US