Weekend Shift Production Control 2
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11246
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01370462 Date posted 11/19/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Production Control to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
A team member at this level is responsible for tracking parts to include the identification of any part shortages by engine to ensure that the production schedule is met. Production Control team members are responsible for assisting with the reconciliation of (PBOM's) or Planned Bill of Materials's in a timely and complete manner. The position is also responsible for assisting with the expediting of materials to and from the shop floor.
- You will coordinate the parts tracking process on the shop floor.
- Reconcile parts, and oversee part Swaps/Exchanges or material storeback.
- Assist with coordinating the routing of parts to outside vendor and to internal repair.
- Assist with PBOM reconciliation to ensure that all part requirements identified at the close of Gate I are recorded.
- You will promote and participate in ACE activities
- Swap/exchange material as required.
- You will work closely with the Buyer/Planners daily
- Participate in material review meetings
- Work within groups to ensure that all parts have been kitted successfully to kit carts before rolling into build.
- Demonstrate a commitment to EH&S by meeting all training requirements, participating in committee assignments and performing audits as required.
- High school graduate or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 2 years of experience in warehouse or production control environment and/or materials management organization
- Experience with SAP
- College or Technical Training
- Prior Warehouse Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01370462
Community / Marketing Title: Weekend Shift Production Control 2
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US