Location: Muskegon, Michigan US
Job Number: 11239
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01369514 Date posted 11/18/2019 City Muskegon State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW116: Muskegon, MI 4905 Stariha Drive, Muskegon, MI, 49441 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a highly motivated Inventory Planner -to be based in Muskegon, MI. In this role, you will forecast inventory requirements utilizing analytical tools to meet aftermarket, general, and contract customer needs while performing daily analysis identifying excess and shortages to inventory plan.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
- Forecast inventory requirements utilizing analytical tools to meet aftermarket as well as internal customer needs.
- Strategically optimize global inventory positioning to meet customer expectations for in-region support.
- Develop inventory plan to ensure investments, inventory turns and service level key process indicators are achieved.
- Support all EIS (Entry into Service) activities and product improvement initiatives to the aftermarket with Programs, Supply Chain, and Front Line Support.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for process improvement.
- Approve and manage purchase orders for inventory procurement and repaired material.
- Adhere to inventory budgets and initiatives.
- Identify and action inventory shortages and excess on a regular basis.
- Assist in valuing prospective engine purchases as well as bulk material lists as required.
- Support Environmental Health & Safety goals and mitigate workplace risks while reinforcing strong controls environment with no adverse audits, maintaining AS9120 and AC0056 accreditations.
- Engage in and work towards certification in the ACE operating model.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- 5+ yearsâ€ experience that includes purchasing, inventory management, or experience working for aviation parts business.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- Bachelorâ€s in business, marketing, supply chain, aviation, or data analysis preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Confidence in the power of teamwork with a strong ability to collaborate with peers.
- Strong analytic and inventory management skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Driven to achieve results toward a strategic vision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience in data analytics a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01369514
Community / Marketing Title: Inventory Planner
Location_formattedLocationLong: Muskegon, Michigan US