CE - EHS Co-op
Location: Springdale, Arkansas US
Job Number: 11235
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01369165 Date posted 11/18/2019 City Springdale State Arkansas Country United States
United States of America
PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt and Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Our EHS department is recruiting an EHS position to begin immediately. This position is designed to be both educational and practical.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Assist the EHS Manager with a wide range of projects related to EHS including sustainability, compliance, project management and project design
- Prepare EHS related reports. Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of assigned projects
- Proofreading EHS documents including policy, procedure, handbooks and audits
- Be a point of contact for project management and project design
- You will learn how to take skills you have acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Actively pursuing a B.S. in Engineering or related field
- You are graduating between December 2021 to May 2022
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Personable, positive, proactive demeanor
- Requires extreme sensitivity and ability to handle matters confidentially
- Ability to use good judgment in time sensitive situations
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01369165
Community / Marketing Title: CE - EHS Co-op
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springdale, Arkansas US