F135 Sustainment Technical Developer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11219
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01369231 Date posted 11/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be your opportunity.
Pratt & Whitney Military Engines is seeking a full-stack developer to help the F135 Sustainment organization use technology in executing its fleet management, logistics, MRO&U and operational support mission for the world's most advanced fighter engine. The candidate will use their skills in software engineering, and database, user interface, reporting and systems integration design to help implement modern data solutions. In addition, the candidate will interface with the Digital Transformation & Analytics (DT&A) and Digital Technology (DT) groups to align with and leverage emerging Military Engines and enterprise-wide digital strategies.
Daily Responsibilities will include:
- Working with business users to identify opportunities and gather requirements.
- Analyzing processes and systems to develop actionable project plans.
- Making hands-on decisions around the development, deployment, and operational support of new and existing software.
- Interacting with all levels of F135 and ME management to secure buy-in and funding opportunities.
- Coordinating with DT&A, DT and external vendors for infrastructure and enterprise support resources.
- Serving as a mentor and Subject Matter Expert for junior team members and cross-functional task groups.
Bachelor degree in a technical field is required.
- 5+ years' experience software engineering and participating in the full software development lifecycle
- Expertise in agile or lean development methodologies such as Scrum, SAFe, and/or Six Sigma
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a government security clearance
- Experience with interfacing with enterprise data/ETL and/or data integration platforms
- Development, deployment, and/or support of full-stack/MVC and/or micro/webservices software projects.
- Experience with cloud, devops and/or containerization technologies.
- Experience with aftermarket customer support, operations, MRO&U and/or Logistics operations in a heavy manufacturing industry.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant and capable of independent work and learning, be able to identify and assess business needs
- Able to think logically and analytically based on first principles in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent communications skills and expertise in conveying technical information clearly.
- Able to define business cases and present to management in pursuit of funding and resources.
- Strong project management skills.
- Focus on customer service and support.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01369231
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Sustainment Technical Developer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US