Engineering Finance Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11216
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367551 Date posted 11/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Engineering Finance Manager. You will operate budget for Propulsion Materials & Technologies Organization. You will develop an annual plan for all cost centers, monitor financial performance against plan; prepare monthly variance analyses while proactively noting trends and work with department leadership to implement corrective actions. You will also find opportunities to reduce operating costs for a 200,000 square foot engineering laboratory while not adversely impacting its efficacy.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
- You will coordinate monthly transfers of long-lead-time materials costs to programs. Prepare documentation and send to Accounting
- Process Bruckner Consolidated Invoices (four per month) to ensure accurate distribution of costs, and timely payment to Bruckner.
- Manage the Bruckner approval matrix
- On a monthly basis, execute cost distribution of UTCIPL costs
- Provide Financial Management to NDI Tooling Sales Process. This includes initial cost estimates, creation and communication of charge numbers
- Be the point of contact for all incoming and outgoing interdivisional work (IDWAs), including validation of outgoing IDWA forms and budgets, and the setup of charge numbers for incoming work from other divisions
- Perform all Sarbanes-Oxley Audit (SOXA) activities for PM&T
- Provide financial guidance to PM&T leadership team to ensure compliance to GAAP,
- Manage organizational changes by ensuring that Cost Center Structure accurately reflects the organization, and supports effective planning and reporting to affect operational efficiency
- Work with Government Accounting to manage Accounting Changes as needed.
- Work with local Business Support to ensure that the Leadership Team always has the financial information necessary to make good, sound decisions.
- Provide guidance to Engineering Personnel in the creation of Business Cases, validate cost estimates, etc.
- - Provide guidance to Engineering Personnel relative to identifying and obtaining appropriate funding sources (program, capital, overhead, special initiative, etc.)
- Lead the MPE Capital Team: meet monthly to monitor and manage capital spending to target
- Maintain monthly MML entries in PW Capital Manager Tool for all PM&T projects
- Create eCARs for all PM&T capital projects
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ yrs finance experience or an Advanced degree with 7+ yrs experience
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367551
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Finance Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US