NPI Quality Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11214
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368676 Date posted 11/14/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The NPI Quality team is responsible for working closely with our suppliers and internal shops to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. NPI is focused on driving proactive initiatives with suppliers and internal shop (i.e. UPPAP, Pro Cert, Ring Fence initiatives, etc.) to improve their quality signature.
NPI Quality group is seeking a NPI (New Product Initiation) Quality Engineer to support the Cold Section Mod Center joining a team of NPI QEs (Proactive Quality Engineers) who are certified as MFPs (UPPAP Member Focal Points) in the improvement of suppliers' and internal shop Quality as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and Cold Section Global Supply Chain team.
The candidate shall be highly motivated and effective team player with strong communication and leadership skills.
- Major job responsibilities include (while not limited to):
- Understand key aspects of managing and assuring supplier Quality to support and achieve best-in-class supplier quality, delivery and service while acting as the primary NPI Quality Engineer on a number of suppliers and internal shop.
- Maintain key relationships with suppliers' Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering and Procurement teams.
- Review and approve PPAP packages to Interim B/ A / Full. Provide support to suppliers/internal shop to achieving Full approval status.
- Conduct Proactive Strategies as Ring Fence initiatives MPVs/PFMEA/PCR.
- Support VCAB/MCAB presentations and meetings.
- Interface with Triage Teams for PPAP requirements and approvals.
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time.
- Require and coach suppliers to find root cause and implement corrective / preventive action on all escapes and high pain recurring quality issues.
- Coordinate UPPAP and transitions with PW Engineering, Supplier Engineering and PIPT.
- Team with Engineering and Procurement to execute the supply base improvement plans to improve quality signature and ensure customer confidence.
Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Quality positon, or 3 years of experience with an Advanced Degree.
- Experience with execution of PPAP (production part approval practice)
- Must be able to request data from part prints/specifications, and then process that data into meaningful information on process capability.
- Computer skills- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project.
- Understanding of ASQR-01 / AS9100
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts
- Technical Degree preferred
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Experience with SAP and other IT Quality system a plus.
- Must be highly motivated and self starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate ability and willingness to own quality performance metrics and drive the world class quality culture.
- Excellent Organizational Skills and ability to work independently.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368676
Community / Marketing Title: NPI Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US