MTS (Machine Tool Services) & Facilities Manager
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 11200
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367024 Date posted 11/12/2019 City Middletown State Pennsylvania Country United States
United States of America
PW205: P&W Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA
The sky is the limit
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We are actively hiring for an MTS (Machine Tool Services) & Facilities Manager!
The Pratt & Whitney Amercon Business Unit is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the production of turbine airfoils.
The MTS (Machine Tool Services) & Facilities Managerâ€s responsibilities include:
- Supervision and daily direction of the maintenance technicians.
- Stewardship of the facilitiesâ€ capital plan.
- Create business cases for capital projects.
- Implementation of new capital equipment from specification and ordering through delivery and installation
- Development and implementation of preventative maintenance plans for equipment.
- Oversight of facilities and maintenance projects and vendors.
- Ensure uptime of the equipment to support production requirements.
- Close coordination with original equipment manufacturers to ensure equipment support.
- Develop and execute plans and procedures to reduce and minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensure robust oversite and enforcement of employee safety programs.
- Review maintenance data collection for adverse trend data and implement corrective actions.
- Determine personnel technical training requirements to meet manufacturing forecasted demands. Â Â
Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, integrated product teams, systems designers, Information Systems, and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
A working-knowledge of lean manufacturing including Process Certification & Management, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
HS Diploma or GED required
College Degree preferred.
Preference: Mechanical, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 + years' of supervisory and technical experience with GED/HS Diploma, or 3+ years' of supervisory and technical experience with associates degree, or 1 + years' of supervisory and technical experience with a bachelor's degree
- 2+ yearsâ€ of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and turbine airfoil processing knowledge are a strong plus for this position.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Â Previous experience with capital procurement a plus.
- Â Facilities and equipment maintenance experience desired.Â
- Contract Coordinator experience desired.
- Knowledge of industrial safety programs and standards highly desired.
- OSHA 30 course a plus
- Preventative Maintenance and scheduling experience
- Experience working in a machining environment
- Experience with new equipment installation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Experience from a highly regulated industry is preferred
- Experience with SAP software tool
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to be adaptable
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367024
Community / Marketing Title: MTS (Machine Tool Services) & Facilities Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Pennsylvania US