Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11198
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359574 Date posted 11/13/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
PW Group FP&A provides financial analysis, forecasting and planning support to the Military, Commercial and Pratt Canada Business Units, as well as the Module Center & Operations. PW Group FP&A is also responsible for the reporting and analysis of overall consolidated P&W financial results. The group takes a lead role in supporting UTC's quarterly earnings release and periodic investor communications as well as providing headcount, SG&A and restructuring reporting to various customers. Additionally, the group takes a lead role in preparing materials for the PW President Executive Committee meetings, Operating Management Meetings, UTC Finance Council, etc.
Department Supports / Interacts with:
- PW CFO, Controller, Tax, Group Strategy & Development teams
- UTC CFO, FP&A, Investor Relations, Controller team
- PW Business Unit Finance (Military, Commercial, P&W Canada, Module Centers & Operations)
- Key job responsibilities include:
- Assume a leadership role within the P&L team, including detail review of work prepared by other team members.
- Perform and oversee monthly P&L closing and forecast activities for Pratt & Whitney
- Perform variance analyses of key business drivers for performance vs. plan, forecast and prior year, including executive briefings
- Support executive meeting and review process
- Support the annual and long range planning processes
- Participate in the department's process improvement initiatives using the ACE framework
- Systems Exposed To:
- HFM, SAP
- Education / Certifications
- 10 + years of finance work experience with a Bachelor's degree or 7+yrs of finance work experience with an Advanced degree
- MBA or other finance advanced degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to work in dynamic situations
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively for executive requests
- Strong focus on continuous process improvements
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359574
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, FP&A
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US