Global Aftermarket Operations Strategy
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11194
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366321 Date posted 11/13/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units.
In 1925, Frederick Rentschler founded Pratt & Whitney in Hartford, Connecticut. Our ï¬rst aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry. It was the 410-horsepower, airÂcooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time. We have been leading change ever since.
Today, Pratt & Whitney develops groundbreaking technologies for the future, such as the PurePowerÂ PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan (GTF) engine technology. P&W's worldwide large commercial engine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) network provides creative services which not only add new value but delight customers around the globe.
Be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
As we continue to grow and develop technologies that challenge the status quo, there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to be a company that is transparent and mindful and have built an environment where each and every employee has value.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
This is a rare opportunity for you to join our team to lead the Geared Turbofan (GTF) repair strategy for our global aftermarket network.
Aftermarket Operations (AMO) overhaul and repair facilities along with partners and customers support thousands of engine shop visits around the world each year.
You'll work closely with the leadership team from each repair facility, the GTF industrial team, and key program and engineering partners to capabilities and capacity for the GTF fleet.
The AMO Strategy Project will lead Prattâ€s network bidding activity to secure future workload aligned with key strategies.
As the manager, you will assist in the development and execution of the Global AMO strategy, focusing on understanding overall network capacity for both repair and overhaul businesses. You'll also be responsible for continued adoption and improvement of capacity model tools and support of GTF repair negotiations as well as various other strategic initiatives.
You will work with leadership teams across the AMO Network and will require coordination of multiple functional support groups.
Your job responsibilities include:
- Maintain, support, and improve existing tools: Repair Capacity dashboard, DAT and Module Forecasting model, Cost Price database, and GTF Bid tracker
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts across the company in developing new tools and processes to further enhance decision making processes within the Aftermarket Operations (AMO) business
- Project manage and drive prioritization of larger capacity and analytical tools
- Develop the annual and long-term capacity picture for our global network of AMO repair and overhaul sites
- Help identify key capacity / capability challenges and opportunities facing AMO to drive alignment with senior leadership for decisions on those issues
- Provide analytics support for the development of key insights for Strategic Review Board (SRB) topics and the Strategic Alignment Board (SAB) process for GTF bidding
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science or an Advanced Science / Mathematics field of study and 5 years working of experience leveraging related field
- At least 3+ yearsâ€ of working experience coding in R, Python or other advanced programming language suited for predictive modeling and dashboard development
- At least 1+ years of experience in SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access and Excel with high proficiency in macro development using VBA
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Experience in RShiny using RStudio Connect
- Familiarity with stochastic modeling techniques in MATLAB (Simulink / SimEvents)Knowledge developing customized dashboards using Qlik, Tableau, or similar data visualization platforms
- Project management (technology projects, Microsoft Project, AGILE)
- Advanced model development (financial, capacity, flow optimization, demand forecasting methodologies)
- Aerospace industry experience (Operations / Engineering)
- Experience with leading small teams
- Domestic and international travel required (30%)
- You must have a valid passport or be capable of acquiring one
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366321
Community / Marketing Title: Global Aftermarket Operations Strategy
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US