Quality Assurance Co-Op
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia US
Job Number: 11183
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367744 Date posted 11/13/2019 City Bridgeport State West Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW200: Bridgeport WV 1525 Midway Park Road, Bridgeport, WV, 26330 USA
Co-Op - Quality Assurance
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The location for this internship is in Bridgeport, West Virginia at Pratt & Whitney Engine Services (PWES), an aftermarket overhaul & repair business unit. Site has approximately 350 full-time employees. PWES is seeking a co-op to work part time up to 20 hours per week. The goal of the program is to enhance the student's academic training, professional growth, and personal development.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Work closely with Chief Inspector to maintain foreign airworthiness certificates.
- Work to maintain current parts and services supplier database.
- Work with Lead Auditor to aid with internal and external audits.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Currently enrolled in Associates, Bachelor's or Master's degree program, studying: Aviation Maintenance, Aviation Management or similar.
- Graduating Winter 2020 or later
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Has previous regulatory experience with any type of federal or state regulations
- Has good organizational skills
- Has the ability to craft coherent sentences and write effectively to convey intent and subject matter
- Are punctual
- Can effectively communicate with team member, co-workers, superiors etc.
- Has the ability to follow directions and take initiative in the absence of leadership
- HAS A GOOD AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE!
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367744
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Co-Op
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bridgeport, West Virginia US