Manager, Commodity Management & Sourcing
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11182
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368541 Date posted 11/13/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
This is a rare opportunity for you to join us in the role of a hardworking Commodity Management & Sourcing Manager at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Commercial Engines Aftermarket Supply Chain in East Hartford CT.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The primary focus of this role will be to own the aftermarket compliance with regard to direct material, indirect material, engine center procurement, repair unit procurement, with support to all engine programs in the Aftermarket network. Measure procurement activity in all units, audit/compliance success, ITC adherence, and be a change leader in the organization.
- The secondary focus will include commodity management responsibilities with defined activity for Indirect Purchasing.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert in the Repair Purchasing processes
- Ensure that both internally produced and supplier produced documents meet all compliance requirements
- Provide everyday technical expertise to ASC team on compliance matters related to procurement as the Purchasing focal for various internal and external audits
- Be a support investigator in regarding compliance audit findings or process escapes and drive issue resolution and mistake proofing
- Own the purchasing manual, standard work and desk top instructions for all purchasing processes
- Drive standard work for the purchasing processes supporting business operations.
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the Purchasing Manual and train purchasing employees on all requirements to insure compliance to P&W and USG requirements (if necessary)
- Maintain individual training matrix and associated records for purchasing staff
- Develop audit protocol and perform internal audits on key purchasing activities to verify data accuracy and adherence to standard work with effective communication to all aftermarket purchasing personnel
- Ensure compliance with all Export, ACE, Ethics, and corporate policies & initiatives.
- Demonstrate strategic sourcing leadership with a validated track record of negotiations and contract development and execution
- Craft and execute sourcing strategies, passport compliance, LTA negotiations, contact execution, and implementation will be required
- Lead discussions and negotiations with suppliers as it relates to pricing, performance, cost savings, and total value
- Experience in a CPSR purchasing environment and knowledgeable in purchasing procedures and material under USG/Commercial contracts and regulations.
- Train and develop employees
- Extensive SAP experience
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, work closely with others in a team environment, prepare reports and presentations, and act as liaison to team, and spokesperson to leadership and customers
- Travel expected 10-20%
- Bachelor's Degree required; Preference will be given to advanced degrees in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supply management with indirect and direct procurement responsibility is required.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Aerospace aftermarket and MRO experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368541
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Commodity Management & Sourcing
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US