Lead CMM Programmer-P4
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 11178
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367513 Date posted 11/12/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating, correlating, maintaining and revising CMM programs to be used by operators for in-line inspecting of machined jet engine components of various size and complexity.
- Preparing inspection plans based on part geometry, tolerances, GD&T and functional requirements for optimum performance and accuracy.
- Performing correlation of CMM programs and executive software upgrades to ensure accuracy, comprehensiveness and robustness.
- Evaluation and testing of new CMM hardware and software.
- Maintaining CMM hardware and software.
- Providing customers with correlated CMM programs and the support of such.
- Testing new technologies that may reduce inspection and programming times and improve accuracy.
- Ability to train new programmers and Business unit support staff
- Ability to trouble shoot Zeiss and Hexagon machines
- Train employees of various levels in GD&T, layout techniques, CMM programming
Bachelor's degree plus 7+ years of experience in a a combination of machining methods and practices, measuring probes, probe adaptors, machine dynamics, inspection methods, and interpretation of engineering drawings (blueprints).
High School Diploma plus 10+ year of experience outlined above
- 7+ years of experience with a combination of machining methods and practices, measuring probes, probe adaptors, machine dynamics, inspection methods, and interpretation of engineering drawings (blueprints).
- 4+ years of GD&T and CMM programming experience.
- Proficiency in advanced shop mathematics for trigonometric and geometric computation.
- Capable of adapting to changing computerized inspection technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- CMM programming experience in Calypso, PC-DMIS and Tutor.
- Flexibility around shifts, to include overtime, for training and/or maintaining workflow.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Formal GD&T and CMM Training.
- Formal CMM programming training with Calyspo, PC-DMIS and Tutor software's.
- Experience with 3D Modeling
- Expert level ability to read and interpret blueprints.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367513
Community / Marketing Title: Lead CMM Programmer-P4
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US