Junior Cyber Security Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11173
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366747 Date posted 11/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Our Business Systems organization has an immediate opening for a Junior Cyber Security Engineer based out of East Hartford.
In this role, responsibilities may include:
- Respond to security-related incidents, perform break-fix activities, and resolve help desk tickets submitted by GSC.
- Develop tools for automating the validation of compliance to security baselines -Assist in the development, delivery, and management of security infrastructure
- Develop and maintain standard work and documentation -Assist in patch management program to include deployment, reporting, and validating
- Provide day-to-day support and management of Splunk
- Work with Cybersecurity tower lead and GSC to develop new queries for security and auditing purposes -Configure, manage, and support antivirus program
- Work with Cybersecurity tower lead to analyze and establish security requirements, baselines, and policy -Participate in compliance inspections, preparations, and corrective actions
- Support transition of cybersecurity policy to RMF
- Associate's Degree required. Preferred fields are Computer Science, IT, MIS or Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required) in any of the preferred fields
- 2 or more years of experience in IT and/or Cybersecurity
- Obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain DoD-recognized cyber security baseline certifications such as CompTIA Security+
- Ability to obtain and maintain a USG Security Clearance
- Active US Government Security Clearance, Secret or Top Secret preferred
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification, CISSP, MSCP, Security+, CySA+
- Experience with RMF, JSIG, DAAPM, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, CNSSI 1253
- Experience with Windows and Linux server system administration
- Experience developing Splunk searches and dashboards
- Proficient in PowerShell and bash
- Experience in the aerospace industry is a plus
- Expert ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate complex technical information with written and verbal communication skills
- You have an intense passion for technology and an ability to learn quickly staying abreast of cutting edge technology, industry leading techniques and other skill sets
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership skills
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements. Associate Certification is strongly preferred
- You're a dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and solid track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366747
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Cyber Security Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US