Cell Leader 1st Shift
Location: Lansing, Michigan US
Job Number: 11170
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368576 Date posted 11/12/2019 City Lansing State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Cell Leader/Production Supervisor on 1st shift 6 am - 2 pm located in Lansing, MI.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Set daily production goals for individual employees and follows up on progress
- Allocate available labor resources and to ensure production schedules are met as required
- Ensure that all his/her employees are accurately trained
- Interpret the Union-Management Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Administer and implement Shop Rules, Safety Rules, and Regulations which may require disciplinary action being taken for an infraction(s)
- Maintain and review production requirements with the Operations Manager
- Approve personal time, vacation, transfers, and start time changes
- Perform Tool Box talks covering current issues
- Coordinate ACE and EHS activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required; OR in lieu of degree, 8+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing/operations environment.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing/operations environment is required.
- Bachelor's Degree is helpful.
- A&P license
- Proven track record of leadership and experience working in a Union shop
- Outstanding record of overcoming obstacles with limited resources in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Aerospace Composite and Overhaul and Repair experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office, SAP, MRP material ordering systems
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368576
Community / Marketing Title: Cell Leader 1st Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lansing, Michigan US