Fellow of Statistics (Quality Engineering)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11162
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363395 Date posted 11/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced engines, is looking for a Technical Fellow in the statistics discipline to ensure technical excellence through leadership, discipline growth and people development, all of which will lead to world-class products.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Assist multi-functional teams with problem solving, process improvement, and data based decision making through the use of statistical methods, analyses, and tools with applications spanning such areas as Metallurgical.
- Manufacturing, Non destructive Examination - all inclusive of P&W Supplier & Customer support.
- Perform diverse types of statistical analyses for both the military and commercial programs.
- Provide strategic direction in data analytics supporting the quality organization
- Technical expert on statistics and application in quality and manufacturing processes
- Work with your Senior Fellow Discipline Lead and other technical leaders to manage discipline health within statistics through discipline health reviews and development reviews and present results and actions to working groups
- Responsible for training curriculum and mentoring of practitioners of statistical analysis
- Contribute to the execution of strategic plans that advance the capability within statistics at PW
- Create a roadmap for advancing data analytics implementation and usage as a discipline within PW
- Be active, visible and engaged in the external technical community to establish Pratt & Whitney as a leader in our industry and in ways that provide a benefit to PW.
- Industrial Knowledge and/or Experience in the Following Areas:
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Sample size determination
- Linear and logistic regression
- Response modeling
- Probability calculations
- Experimental Design
- Categorical Data analysis
- Statistical Process Control and Process Certification
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Methods of Manufacturing
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in statistics
- Recognized expert in the Field of Statistics
- Computer Language experience with SAS, Minitab
- MS/MA in Statistics or equivalent from an accredited University
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363395
Community / Marketing Title: Fellow of Statistics (Quality Engineering)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US