Second Shift Supervisor, EHRO
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11159
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368806 Date posted 11/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
This is a rare opportunity for you to join us in the role of the Second Shift Supervisor / Cell Leader at our East Hartford, CT Repair Operations (EHRO).
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Drive the organization multi-functionally to meet customer requirements for quality, cost, and delivery; work with functional leaders, and internal staff to meet production requirements and assure the cells operate in a productive fashion consistent with changing business needs.
- Handle all operational aspects of the EHRO for operations across the Military Cases and Shaft Cells.
- Drive overall production to meet goals, coordinating with Material, Customer Support, Quality, Engineering day to day activities
- Lead the establishment and attainment of cell goals in quality, cost, schedule, compliance and safety
- You will be an independent personality who will make multi-functional decisions
- You'll provide effective communication across the cells, and provide leadership development and performance feedback to the shop floor employees
- Obtain the necessary resources (equipment, manpower, etc.) effectively to meet long range and near term goals
- Review staffing and training needed including performance, salary, and career appraisals for assigned personnel as well as hiring, retaining and developing new key technical talent
- Maintain a constant understanding of the status of Production work, to ensure resources are accurately allocated
- You will also provide mentorship and direction to close gaps multi-functionally
- You'll lead productivity projects to reduce cost and cycle time
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or Quality is required.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in production, operations or manufacturing that includes time in a leadership/supervisory role is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- Experience directing skilled bargaining unit employees
- Aerospace repair and/or manufacturing experience is strongly preferred
- Aftermarket experience is a huge plus.
- Proven ability to motivate teams to achieve business goals
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization including internal and external customers across all hierarchy levels and drive resolution in the shortest time possible
- Confident making decisions in the face of limited or conflicting data while processing multiple problems in parallel
- You will work in a dynamic environment requiring the ability to work multi-dimensional tasks at a time
- Knowledge of FAR 65 qualifications
- Experience in / knowledge of significant gas turbine repair and FAR 145/Far 121
- Computer competent, particularly in MS Office
- Experience working with SAP
- Process and detail oriented, including strong interpersonal and prioritization skills
- Lean manufacturing/repair experience, ACE or Six Sigma training
- Related turbine manufacturing or repair experience
- Effective at handling multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368806
Community / Marketing Title: Second Shift Supervisor, EHRO
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US