Cell Leader/Shift Supervisor (2 of 2)
Location: Lansing, Michigan US
Job Number: 11156
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366842 Date posted 11/11/2019 City Lansing State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
This is a rare opportunity for you to join us in the role of Cell Leader/Shift Supervisor at our Pratt & Whitney AutoAir facility in Lansing, MI.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- This is an Alternate Work Week (AWW) 1st Shift role - AWW 1st Shift hours: Fri/Sat/Sun 6:00am - 6:00 pm.
- Set daily production goals for individual employees and follow up on progress.
- Allocate available labor resources and ensure production schedules are met as required.
- Assure that all his/her employees are accurately trained.
- Interpret the Union-Management Collective Bargaining Agreement
- .Administer and enforce Shop Rules, Safety Rules, and Regulations which may require disciplinary action being taken for infraction(s).
- Maintain and review production requirements with the Operations Manager.
- Approve personal time, vacation, transfers, and start time changes.
- Perform Tool Box talks covering current issues.
- Coordinate ACE and EHS activities.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Business Administration or Engineering.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- A&P license strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and experience working in a Union shop
- Exemplary record of overcoming obstacles with limited resources in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Aerospace Composite and Overhaul and Repair experience is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- SAP, MRP material ordering systems is a plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366842
Community / Marketing Title: Cell Leader/Shift Supervisor (2 of 2)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lansing, Michigan US