Senior Purchasing Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11149
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365663 Date posted 11/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
This is a rare opportunity for you to join us in the role of Purchasing Analyst at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO) is a $150 million business that supports the overhaul and repair of aircraft engine parts. EHRO has roughly 350 full time hourly and salaried staff to support the approximate 3,000 shop visits for which our customers rely on us.
This role supports two businesses, comprised of Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) and Connecticut Stators & Components (CTSC).
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Source new suppliers, ensuring that the purchased products and materials meet specific technical specifications, negotiating purchase terms, and evaluating supplier performance.
- Ensuring timely deliveries and resolve any supply issues or discrepancies.
- Develop efficient procurement solutions and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, be an analytical thinker, and demonstrate a good working knowledge of purchasing strategies is critical.
- You'll work with a variety of partners such as operations, finance, customer service, PW Spares, and external suppliers/vendors in order to ensure timely delivery to internal & external customers.
- Attend production meetings to report on status, discuss issues, & determine plans
- Review detail shortages and buyer queue
- Place & expedite purchase orders
- Update Material Resource Planning (MRP) in SAP
- Communicate with both customers & suppliers/vendors on status, expedites, etc.
- Work on strategic cost reduction initiatives.
- You will work with price negotiation, track supplier performance, and develop improvement plans.
- Analyze industry and demand trends and supporting senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Research and identify prospective suppliers.
- You will also ensure inventory is accurate & any quality concerns are addressed.
- You are a U.S. citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Engineering, Supply Chain or similar is required.
- A GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in Purchasing, Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, or Supply Chain required.
- At least 3 years of Purchasing experience is also a requirement.
- MBA preferred with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
- Ability to communicate with both hourly & salary employees
- MRP/ERP Experience
- High proficiency in MS Office suite
- Proven purchasing experience
- Understand ITAR, EAR, and other applicable laws and regulations governing international trade.
- Willing to complete export Jurisdiction/Classification training and serve as a part-time J/C ITC focal.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365663
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Purchasing Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US