Process and Methods Engineer
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 11139
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367894 Date posted 11/11/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it, and as part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for a Process and Methods Engineer to join our team.
Do you have the experience we are looking for?
We are looking for a Special Technologies Process and Methods Engineer that will have direct responsibility for providing engineering leadership to an advanced high temperature plasma spray coating operation. You will be responsible for:
- Providing operational engineering support to implement coating technologies and processes.
- Leading process development and certification for new products and new coating technologies.
- Performing root cause investigations and implementing operational corrective and preventative actions to solve technical, process and/or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations and processes.
- Assisting with problem solving of operational issues.
- Supporting operational excellence using statistical analysis for process control and certification.
- Leading the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and the customer required work.
- Liaise with P&W special technologies coatings organizations to develop effective working relationships to enhance operational and coating information exchange.
- You will be responsible for understanding process repair flow and executing time studies to identify repair cycle time and improve repair process efficiency.
- Creating and managing technical documents that provide engineering requirements for coating operations, including sequence of operations forming the basis for manufacturing operations sheets.
- Responsibility for library of coating process and management of libraries in automated coating operations equipment.
- This person will be required to spend time on alternate shifts
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace)
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years working with Microsoft Office
- U.S. Citizen due to government contracts
- Ability to obtain and maintain required clearances
- Experience in high temperature plasma spray coating operations or coating development or related engineering / science degree.
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Demonstrated ability to organize and complete projects, objectives, and tasks is a requirement.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse and rapidly changing environment, both internal and external to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver results while working in a dynamic environment.
- A passion and understanding for continuous improvement and the ability to deploy to the benefit of the business is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to lead teams, develop and mentor staff of hourly employees
- Ability to learn and understand different IT systems such as SAP and Solumina.
- Capability to multi-task while meeting deadlines.
- Aircraft engine knowledge and experience.
- ACE Associate or equivalent.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367894
Community / Marketing Title: Process and Methods Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US