Process Engineer - Pratt & Whitney West Palm Beach MRO
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11138
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367123 Date posted 11/08/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to chip in and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We have an explorer's heart along with your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
We are focused on providing an outstanding customer experience and delivering the best engines safely, timely, and on quality.
Quality is personal! People's lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time to the men and women who save our lives - what we do matters, every day!
Commercial Engines develops, markets, sells and services Pratt & Whitney's portfolio of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) engines, including the company's Geared Turbofan engine family.
Key projects & responsibilities:
The responsibility of this role is to provide Process Engineering support to operational activities as engines progress through the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) process to meet external and internal customer requirements for quality, cost, and delivery.
- Develop and own process plans incorporating technical data revisions and deviations as required.
- Take lead role in driving process improvements. Participate in investigations of process turn-backs and escapes, Customer inquiries, etc. Provide the support necessary to complete the investigations in the management declared time table.
- Take the lead role in the product controlled build process driving waste elimination, lessons learned and improved efficiency.
- Comply with all government regulations, regulatory requirements, company policies, repair station procedures and work instructions including Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and International Trade Compliance requirements.
- Support Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline and at least 3 years of experience that includes process planning
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Familiarity with 14 CFR Part 145 as it pertains to a repair station
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Strong understanding of assembly, disassembly and tooling
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience working with Solumina software package
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367123
Community / Marketing Title: Process Engineer - Pratt & Whitney West Palm Beach MRO
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US