Senior Powerplant Engineer - Engine Services
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11128
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368215 Date posted 11/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a Senior Powerplant Engineer role at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage the overhaul and repair work performed on airline customer engines that are under Fleet Management Program agreements.
- Good interpersonal skills are critical, since the PPE will work directly with Pratt and Whitney airline customers, maintenance facilities around the world, and internally with engineering, finance, and program management personnel.
- Technical skills are at the core of this position since shop visit maintenance actions during overhaul and repair along with the development of maintenance programs directly influence fleet reliability and maintenance cost.
- Support the Engine Services, Fleet Technical Manager by assuming primary Powerplant Engineering responsibilities for the engine models and customers assigned and teaming with Fleet Managers, customers, internal employees, and MRO shops to ensure smooth operational execution and continuous improvement in shop visit cost and the technical management of FHA, FMP & MMP fleets in order to manage maintenance cost while improving Time on Wing (TOW) and reliability.
- Establish effective communication for engine shop visit requirements.
- Perform interval analysis (TOW), technical issues assessments, and pricing analysis required for contract accounting purposes (Estimate at Completion) and business case development.
- Coordinate with engine centers to insure effective implementation of workscope specifications, configuration requirements and specific engine shop maintenance instructions.
- Work with the Fleet Technical Manager to identify and manage emerging issues, as well as the assessment and mitigation of technical risks to minimize interval and cost impacts through:
- Maintenance planning including shop visit work scopes
- Evaluation of hardware teardown conditions for potential, limit increases, part repair development or part redesign
- Invoice deconstruction/trending/findings assessment - identification of cost drivers
- Service bulletin technical/business assessment
- Provide shop visit technical support in order to limit workscope expansion
- Provide timely resolution of technical or business questions/issues the shop may have on specific engine or program requirements
- This position requires some business skills such as financial assessment, business case development, presentation skills. and customer interaction.
- You understand maintenance costs including engine center labor, new material replacement costs, and part repair costs.
- Some travel can be expected to support FMP customer reviews and shop maintenance cost reduction events.
- Some evening conference calls are required if supporting customers or shops in different time zones.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
The final labor grade (P3 vs. P4) will be determined based on your background and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of Engineering experience, preferably in the Aviation industry.
- Master's degree with 3 years of experience is a huge plus.
- Familiar with engine overhaul processes, engine hardware, assembly, operation, and testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Engine Manuals, Service Bulletins, and AD notes
- Experience in one or more of the following: power plant, project, test, design, process or analytical engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368215
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Powerplant Engineer - Engine Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US