Digital Technology MES Systems Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11118
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365810 Date posted 11/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a vibrant and challenging environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Digital Technology MES Systems Specialist, to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
NOTE: Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be required. Due to customer locations in different time zones, customer meetings can occur outside normal business work hours.
You will be responsible for developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions primarily using
Solumina and SAP product suite for the P&W IT Global Services Engine Centers and Repair organizations.
- Collaboration with customers to gain knowledge of business processes
- Partnering with our customers to identify and implement high impact projects which will provide capabilities and benefits that help P&W achieve its operational goals
- Translating customer requirements into a solution design
- Technical and functional problem solving
- Production and end user support for our applications
- Meeting all budget, quality and schedule targets
- Dedicated involvement towards continuous improvement
- Management of onsite and/or offshore programming resources
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Technology related fields
- Bachelor's degree 1-3+ years' experience
- US Citizen due to government program requirements
- Knowledge/interaction of Manufacturing execution systems preferably iBASEt Solumina
- Knowledge of Primavera, MS Project, or other PPM is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL queries, IBM Websphere, and Java related technologies is highly desired
- Knowledge of SAP is desired
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret business processes; ability to act in partnership with the business.
- Communicate effectively with executive management
- Strong social skills ability to work laterally and engage others to achieve success
- Shown skill with software life cycle development processes
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts concisely to non-IT business professionals
- Work dedicatedly and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Craft clear communication
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365810
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Technology MES Systems Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US