Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11113
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364105 Date posted 11/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress. An instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and protect the world. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation and skills to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be an opportunity for you.
The Solumina Global Systems Manager will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of the Solumina application to ensure the availability and consistent performance of Solumina across the global enterprise. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- To be successful in this role you will be the lead go-to person in charge of analyzing and recommending application back-end/operational enhancements on servers, load balancing, high availability, disaster recovery, storage architectures, and archival strategies.
- You will also responsible for being the point person for Solumina application audit coordination and maintenance of operational metrics.
- You will champion coordination on issue resolutions and Root Cause Analysis and follow through on implementing the identified changes.
- You have strong organization skills and focus on customer success is required. To be successful you will be coordinating between multiple external solutions providers and internal teams with the ability to work well in cross-matrixed environments.
- You have strong collaboration with vendor service & software providers in the design and development of Solumina Application using Enterprise Architecture Frameworks.
- Desirable to have an understanding of architectural patterns for developed Java/JEE components, frameworks, and libraries.
- You must be capable of working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced agile environment.
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of techno-functional experience leading vendors in full lifecycle application development and technical SME for operational issues
Do you meet the Preferred Qualifications?
- Industry accreditations are desirable (e.g. PMI BA, ITIL Foundation etc ,)
- Experience collaborating and designing logical and physical view of solutions
- Demonstrated experience of strong Systems Integration, solutions planning and coordination with infrastructure (server, network etc.) teams
- Knowledge of Java technologies
- Experience with AppDynamics or other monitoring tools for Performance, Capacity, and Service protocols is a plus.
- Experience/Knowledge of the following: IBM WebSphere Application Server, JBoss Application Server, Apache Tomcat (nice to have), JSON, SOAP, REST protocols and terminologies
- Knowledge or experience working with SQL and RDBMS products like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Exposure to managing Java development projects in accordance with SDLC protocols and processes
- Gather and present requirements for new features
- Ability to effectively break down barriers to development progress
- Excellent Technical, Communication and Interpersonal Skills with strong Customer Orientation and Client Interfacing Skills
- Knowledge of Solumina is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364105
Community / Marketing Title: Application Architect/Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US