Deputy Business Unit Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11107
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366308 Date posted 11/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, industrial gas turbines and space propulsion systems. The company's 36,000 employees support more than 11,000 customers in 195 countries around the world.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Deputy Business Unit Manager (M5)
HSMC operations is looking for a high-energy, dynamic team leader to fulfill a Deputy Business Unit Manager role. The Deputy Business Unit Manager is responsible for driving extraordinary performance in all success areas: Environmental, Health & Safety, delivery, cost reduction, quality, and cultivating employee engagement. You will lead and coach cell leaders that are responsible for supervising ~200 hourly employees. Moreover, you will build a team that is responsive and flexible, empowering employees from cell leaders to operators. Understanding and ultimately exceeding customer expectations is a strength you'll need in the this role. You are accountable for leading continuous process improvement opportunities, hourly staff planning, and critical resource allocation to ensure that business metrics are met. You will also assist in strategic planning such as the development of forecasts, financial planning, training and capital expenditures. Excellent organization, prioritization, and interpersonal skills are important. To be successful, you will embrace Achievable Competitive Excellence (ACE) which is our Operating System and lean manufacturing vision. And also, thrive in a team environment with high performance expectations.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals.
- Communicate to peers requirements at supporting process to ensure smooth process flow
- Hold employees accountable while maintaining a key working relationship
- Drive World-class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Drive ACE continuous improvement initiatives and utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework, and repair.
- Control quality, productivity and process flow to meet MRP requirements while ensuring a high level of customer happiness
- Develop monthly delivery plans that align with customer needs and satisfy financial obligations
- Master's degree with 5+ years of manufacturing/operations experience OR a Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of manufacturing/operations experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience in an operations or manufacturing setting required.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Experience with Machining operations, Coating process preferred
- Aerospace industry
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively with peers, customers and clients.
- Ability to plan projects and to craft clear written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC)
- Experience managing employees in a union environment
- A leader who is able to effectively supervise, train, coach and motivate employees
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through ACE operating system
- You should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366308
Community / Marketing Title: Deputy Business Unit Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US