Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11097
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366840 Date posted 11/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
This position is part of the FAA drug and alcohol pool and subject to testing
FUNCTION: PERFORM COMPLICATED BENCH REPAIR, RESTORATION AND MACHINING OPERATIONS ON ENGINE
PARTS AND TOOLS TO MEET APPLICABLE PART PRINT AND REPAIR SPECIFICATIONS. SELECT METHODS FOR
HOLDING PARTS AND ASSEMBLIES AND TRYOUT, MACHINING HAND AND BENCH REPAIR TASKS TO CORRECT
DETERIORATED CONDITIONS AND PREPARE AND FINISH PARTS TO QUALITY REQUIREMENTS. MAKE TOOL AND
TOOLING DETAILS AND REOPERATE SPEC AL ADAPTERS TO ACCOMPLISH ASSEMBLY AND METAL CUTTING
PROJECTS FOR ENGINE PARTS AND RELATED TOOLING AND PROCESS DEVELOPMENT. PLAN AND LAYOUT
WORK REQUIREMENTS, OBTAIN MATERIALS AND SETUP OPERATION SEQUENCES AND FLOW.
AND RECOMMEND SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED WHILE CARRYING OUT THE WORK REQUIRED.
REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MAINTAINED TO CLOSE TOLERANCES USING A VARIETY OF FIXED AND VARIABLE
PRECISION MEASURING INSTRUMENTS.
WORK AS NECESSARY.
AND WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS-SUCH AS OPERATOR'S CHECK LIST FOR UPKEEP AND TO ASSURE EQUIPMENT
THE SCOPE AND SKILL LEVEL OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION.
REFER DIFFICULTIES TO LEADER/SUPERVISOR.
MAINTAIN LOGS AND RECORDS AS REQUESTED TO COMMUNICATE FINDINGS AND PREPARE REQUESTS FOR
MAY BE REQUIRED TO TRAIN FOR OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN LICENSES, OPERATOR PERMITS AND
CERTIFICATIONS WITHIN ASSIGNED AREA.
MAY BE ASSIGNED TO CARRY OUT TASKS, NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED, WITHIN THE SCOPE AND SKILL LEVEL OF
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN SUPPORT OF DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVES AND TO DEVELOP INDIVIDUALS' SKILLS.
- Repair, service and/or calibrate complex electronic and electrical systems utilizing hardwired or computerized controls, power distribution systems, instrumentation and a variety of other electrical and electronic equipment.
- Work from drawings, service manuals when available and a description of the way the equipment acted in troubleshooting.
- Making tests and repairing equipment comprised of electronic, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Use test instruments such as oscilloscopes, recorders, and digital measuring equipment to identify faulty circuits and resolve problems.
- Replace or substitute devices such as amplifiers, logic cards, memory units, feedback devices, high voltage switches, printed circuit boards and make necessary adjustments.
- Perform related duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the business.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer Trade School Certification or Technical degree
- Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to Repair, service and/or calibrate complex electronic and electrical systems
- Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years experience in Electronic Repair
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366840
Community / Marketing Title: Repair machinist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US