Group - Finance Intern
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia US
Job Number: 11090
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363449 Date posted 11/06/2019 City Bridgeport State West Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW200: Bridgeport WV 1525 Midway Park Road, Bridgeport, WV, 26330 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The location for this internship is in Bridgeport, West Virginia at Pratt & Whitney Engine Services (PWES), an aftermarket overhaul & repair business unit.Â Site has approximately 350 full-time employees.
PWES is seeking an intern to work part time during the 2019-2020 school year.Â The goal of the Intern program is to enhance the studentâ€s academic training, professional growth, and personal development. Â
Responsibilities could include:
- General accounting activities
- Account reconciliation
- SOX control activities
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Must be currently enrolled in Bachelors or Masterâ€s degreeÂ from an accredited school.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Accounting.
- Applicants will have completed their sophomore year at an accredited university but have not yet graduated.Â
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
P referred Qualifications:
- Applicants must have experience in multi-tasking, planning, organizing, and problem solving.Â
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.Â
- Strong Excel skills are a must including the use of Pivot Tables.Â
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.Â
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363449
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Finance Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bridgeport, West Virginia US