Machining Cell Operator 1, 2nd shift, PM/84
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 11087
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367556 Date posted 11/05/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our North Berwick, ME Team?
- Set up and operate NC milling machines, vertical turret lathes or VTC's to perform routine production operations on a variety of similar weldments and assemblies.
- Work from operation sheets, part travelers, BOROPS, and oral instruction to set up equipment for turning, facing, boring and chamfering operations involving a limited number of surfaces to be machined.
- Verify conformance of finished work to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain an Operator Certification to accept/reject parts.
- Maintain machines by performing required total preventive maintenance (TPM)
- Work with engineers, quality assurance, programmers and other production personnel or others to resolve machining problems and assist in part process development.
- Other responsibilities may include carrying out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives.
- 1- 3+ years of related experience, or a completed degree/certificate from a post-secondary or vocational school in a related field with 0-1+years related experience
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Ability to make computations involving decimals and fractions
- Ability to set up machines, troubleshoot, do standard walk-arounds and inspect own work
- Ability to manage multiple challenging priorities at a time
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm on 11/12/2019
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367556
Community / Marketing Title: Machining Cell Operator 1, 2nd shift, PM/84
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US