Intern, Military Delivery Assurance Support Equipment
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11077
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364638 Date posted 11/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, located in East Hartford Connecticut, is seeking an energetic forward thinker to support our Military Engines (ME) Support Equipment (SE) Delivery Assurance Team as a 2020 Summer Intern. This ME SE Delivery Assurance Summer Intern will work in a fast paced environment, working directly with Pratt & Whitney's supplier base to obtain part commitments and recovery plans. Effective communication of urgency and priorities relative to end customer needs is necessary to mitigate impact to customers.
Responsibilities during this intern assignment may include:
- Primary accountability for the delivery assurance of ME tools
- Supports efforts to expedite delivery of tools, such as providing delivery commitments, working with the supply chain to improve commitments and provide context for lateness drivers, tracking parts until they are stored in the warehouse, etc.
- Perform various transactions in P&W computer systems, to track and monitor material movements
- Consistently and effectively communicate timely and accurate commit dates to customers
- Coordinate with producers and help them to develop recovery plans for overdue tools as requested for reporting purposes
- Analyze and provide inputs to our buyers in order to level load our supply base
- Lead and support Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) activities such as standard work
- Additional responsibilities will be to provide data analysis and assist with PowerPoint slides and updates to existing slides for leadership
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: STEM, Supply Chain, Business or related field of study.
- You are graduating between: December 2021- May 2022
- You will have at least 45 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Comfortable with use of and able to learn new computer applications/software
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- SAP experience is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364638
Community / Marketing Title: Intern, Military Delivery Assurance Support Equipment
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US