Process & Methods Engineer - GTF Aftermarket Operations
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11062
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365398 Date posted 11/04/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
- Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Today, Pratt & Whitney develops game-changing technologies for the future, such as the PurePower PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan (GTF) engine technology. The company's worldwide large commercial engine maintenance, repair and overhaul network provides innovative services that add value and delight customers around the globe.
The GTF Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) Operations team is seeking a Process & Methods Engineer to support the PW1000G global network's engine overhaul shops (U.S., Germany, Japan, Singapore). In addition to the overhaul shops' engineering and operations community, the position will work closely with a very broad set of organizations including Operations' industrial readiness team, all Aftermarket support and services organizations, Engineering (CIPTs), and production build and test sites. Responsibilities include supporting the transition from initial industrial capability to full overhaul readiness with the focus on capacity and capability growth. This will include coordination and management of the following:
- Development and validation of optimized disassembly and assembly procedures, tooling, facility equipment and software to improve TAT, reduce labor hours, and improve quality;
- Support MRO network data analysis and continuous improvement project prioritization.
- Compliance and sustainment of source approved procedures;
- Identification, evaluation and implementation of best practices from production, development and MRO sites;
- Technical data and tooling turnbacks resolution;
- Regulatory and customer source approvals;
- Shop delivery and technical performance, and customer feedback
- 4+ years of experience with assembly processes (involved in the written or supervised processes) of jet engine components
- Ability to travel 25% (nationally and internationally)
- US citizenship
- Bachelors degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365398
Community / Marketing Title: Process & Methods Engineer - GTF Aftermarket Operations
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US