Coating Engineering Source Approval Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11055
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364237 Date posted 11/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
As a Coating Engineering Source Approval (ESA) Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing and approving a range of processes utilized in the manufacture of engine hardware, as well as the repair of aftermarket hardware (RSA) including: coatings, chemical processes and surface enhancement. This position will focus primarily on approval of coatings (e.g. plasma spray and HVOF, EB-PVD, CatArc, diffusion and plating) and related processing (e.g. cleaning, grit blasting, chemical and waterjet stripping). Other repair processes may include welding and brazing, adhesive bonding, machining, and surfaces treatments, such as shot peening.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Review and qualification of supplier manufacturing processes for both commercial and military hardware to ensure that they meet design intent and the requirements of DER-approved technical data
- Will address various material and processing needs and assessments, as well as evaluate gas turbine engine hardware and materials
- Review of detailed process-specific operation sheets, process monitoring, non-destructive evaluation, destructive metallurgical testing and evaluation of engine hardware, pilot testing of chemical processes, and material property analysis
- Document and analyze data/results to substantiate qualification of processes, prepare reports, and generate standard work
- Domestic and international travel may be up to 40%
- Additional work locations may be considered (North Berwick, ME; Dallas, TX; West Palm Beach, Fla)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Specific experience in the manufacture and/or design of coatings as well as general knowledge and experience with a broad range of coating types
- Degree of Science in Mechanical, Chemical, or Aerospace Engineering preferred; M.S. Engineering is a bonus
- Green belt and/or black belt certification and training is a plus
- Knowledge of Pratt & Whitney design and quality systems is desired
- High degree of computer literacy
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364237
Community / Marketing Title: Coating Engineering Source Approval Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US