Engineering Source Approval Composite Engineer
Location: Lansing, Michigan US
Job Number: 11054
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364243 Date posted 11/04/2019 City Lansing State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
As an Engineering Source Approval (ESA) Composite Engineer , you will be responsible for reviewing and approving a range of processes utilized in the manufacture of engine hardware as well as the repair of aftermarket hardware (RSA) including: composites, chemical processes and nonmetallics. This position will focus primarily on approval of composite fabrication and bonding, as well as related processing (e.g. cleaning, grit blasting, anodizing, priming). Other repair processes may include adhesive bonding and surface treatments, such as shot peening.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Review and qualification of supplier manufacturing processes for both commercial and military hardware to ensure that they meet design intent and the requirements of DER-approved technical data
- Will address various material and processing needs and assessments, as well as evaluate gas turbine engine hardware and materials
- Review of detailed process-specific operation sheets, process monitoring, non-destructive evaluation, destructive metallurgical testing and evaluation of engine hardware, pilot testing of chemical processes, and material property analysis
- Document and analyze data/results to substantiate qualification of processes, prepare reports, and generate standard work
- Domestic and international travel may be up to 40%
- Additional work locations may be considered (North Berwick, ME; Dallas, TX; West Palm Beach, Fla; East Hartford, CT)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Degree of Science in Mechanical, Chemical, or Aerospace Engineering preferred; M.S. Engineering is a bonus
- Green belt and/or black belt certification and training is a plus
- Knowledge of Pratt & Whitney design and quality systems is desired
- High degree of computer literacy
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364243
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Source Approval Composite Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lansing, Michigan US