Group - IAE Co-Op
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11045
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364162 Date posted 11/01/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
T he Controllerâ€s groups for International Aero Engines LLC and AG (IAE LLC and IAE AG) account for all transactions related to these businesses.Â IAE AG is the entity that designs, manufactures and supports the V2500 engine. The CO-OP with help with general ledger entries, processing accounting transactions, testing of the controls over financial reporting (SOX controls), process improvements, and other ad hoc projects.Â
Key projects & responsibilities:Â
- â€< Prepare monthly joint venture accounting & disbursement reports
- Review all current month cash activity to ensure monthly cash activity from the bank agrees to the ledger
- Complete a minimum of 20 account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with other team members to continuously improve/ overhaul processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency of deliverables (including account recs, partner reports, disbursement tracking)
- Analytically review account fluctuations to ensure balances are correctly stated
- Generate 20-30 wire payments per week based on support from numerous sources
- Create monthly invoices to the collaborators containing all shareable activity
- Communicate with other UTC entities to ensure inter-company balances agree for reporting purposes
- Work closely with IAEâ€s four main collaborators to ensure all parties understand provided support and to answer any questions they may have
- Record all necessary journal entries through SAP
- A full time six month Co-op position in East Hartford is available for IAE AG/LLC a commercial accounting entity.
- The position starts in December 2019 with several weeks of cross training and ends in June 2020 when you cross train your replacement.
- Some of the tasks include account reconciliations, SAP to HFM reconciliations, invoicing, control testing, entries, analysis, etc.
- The position is full time and requires core hours, maximum classes during the co-op position are limited to two classes.
- The co-op position can be extended to a year based on performance.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Current enrollment in BachelorsÂ or MastersÂ program.
- Interested candidates should be at least juniors.
- Fields of study: Accounting or Finance
- You are graduating between:Â December 2020 â€" December 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA students are encouraged to apply.Â
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
*Strong candidate identified, qualified candidates encouraged to apply.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364162
Community / Marketing Title: Group - IAE Co-Op
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US