CE - Graphic Design Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11043
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363489 Date posted 11/01/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We are looking for a graphic designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media. In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for details. If you're passionate about design and eager to learn more, we'd like to meet you. Your goal will be to create impactful designs that capture and promote our company vision.
Skills and competencies:
- Sound experience and use of Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- A degree-level professional qualification relevant to graphic design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in designing new material that fits its target audience
- Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work to demanding deadlines
- Experience of designing for both web and print
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Participating in various design projects from concept to completion
- Producing drafts, prototypes and engaging design solutions
- Working with the media team in designing training materials
- Designing new and updating current training following corporate branding guidelines
- Creating new brand collateral, including concept development
- Work with team to generate ideas
- Providing quality control over own work
- Following best practice with the design and creative team
- Working with other team members to deliver projects and activity to deliver against deadlines
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Fields of study: Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Multimedia Development.
- You are graduating between: December 2020 - May 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio
- Proficiency with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
You'll have a well-executed portfolio demonstrating excellent design principles in layout and typography.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363489
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Graphic Design Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US