Group - Intern, FP&A - 2020 Finance & Accounting Co-Op – Columbus, Georgia
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11035
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365613 Date posted 11/01/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to become a part of our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for!
Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, small turbojet propulsion products and industrial gas turbines. We reported an operating profit of $1.6 billion in 2018 on sales of $19.4 billion. Our company has approximately 41,600 employees who support more than 11,000 customers around the world.
Pratt & Whitney's Columbus, Georgia Finance organization is looking for a high-energy Junior or Senior to support our manufacturing operation.
Specific Job duties may include:
- Planning and Forecasting
- Financial analysis
- Financial reporting
- Cost reduction analysis
In addition to the stimulating work assignments, we will also provide you with opportunities to interface with other professionals in our organization and to learn about how they have built successful careers in finance and accounting.
This position is located in Columbus, GA beginning in January 2020 and extending for 6-12 months in duration.
It is a fully compensated internship that includes limited time for sick, bereavement, and holidays.Â
Preferred work week is 40 hours per week with flex time which allows varying start and end times within core hours.
Our co-op experience provides opportunities for students to:
- Gain hands on experience with cutting edge data management and analysis tools such as SAP and Business Warehouse;
- Participate in analysis and decision support for future business opportunities;
- Enhance your presentation development and delivery skills;
- Be a part of an organization and industry that is paving the way for the technologies of tomorrow.
- UTC and Pratt & Whitney have an exciting and competitive post-graduate Financial Leadership Program providing opportunities to work in four different positions over a two-year period.
- Co-Ops receive extra consideration for participation in this program.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business Administration majors.
- Entering your Junior or Senior year.
- You have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required and knowledge of Microsoft Access or SAP would be a plus for our accounting openings.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365613
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Intern, FP&A - 2020 Finance & Accounting Co-Op – Columbus, Georgia
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US