Tool Design Engineer-Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 11034
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01346917 Date posted 10/31/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Do you want to be a part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Would you like to do work that leaves a positive impact on the clients it serves? Well at Pratt & Whitney you'll have to opportunity to do just that. We help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a Tool Design Engineer to be based in Oklahoma City. In this role, you will support our Military Engine programs including F100, F119 and F135 programs and will design tools including machining fixtures, gages, lifting equipment, and assembly tools
Your responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and developing concepts for new repair tool designs
- Crafting tool design layouts and final designs
- Completing the PW Tool Design Review process to ensure tools are developed and produced in compliance with PW Repair Tool design requirements and customer expectations
- Performing form, fit, and function checks
- Completing tolerance stack-ups, process tool drawings for final release.
- Resolving technical questions on tooling from customers and suppliers and dispositioning eQNs.
- Coordinating with Repair Tool Planners and Tool Suppliers
- Presenting tools to your customers for final approval and acceptance for repair production
- Bachelor's degree and 5 + years of tool design experience OR 10+ years of tool design experience in lieu of degree
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- BS Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or relevant technical degree
- Aerospace or automotive industry experience
- Significant hands on experience with NX/Unigraphics
- Ability to read and interpret repair requirements and part blue prints
- Strong working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to craft clear communication
- Familiarity with typical repair and manufacturing processes including welding, brazing, riveting, and coating processes including plasma spray
- Experience designing the following types of tooling: machining fixtures, holding fixtures, inspection fixtures, gages, masks, and lifting devices.
- Experience with commonly used tooling materials.
- Proven competency in mechanical drafting, detailed drawing preparation, revision and release processes.
- Experience working with Teamcenter
- Experience with MS Office Suite of products
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01346917
Community / Marketing Title: Tool Design Engineer-Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US