Senior Line Maintenance Technician
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Job Number: 11028
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366039 Date posted 10/31/2019 City Dallas State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW132: Dallas 2701 Regent Blvd, Suite 300, Dallas, TX, 75261 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart and grit to advance it.
The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service experts who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a Senior Line Maintenance Technician at our Dallas, TX facility.
Line Maintenance Technician positions require a well-rounded knowledge of aviation maintenance, including disassembly and assembly of gas turbine engines, engine parts and sub-assemblies.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You have knowledge of gas turbine engine hardware, borescope inspection and associated procedures, line maintenance and flight line operations.
- You are able to interpret technical drawings, work from maintenance manuals/operation procedures and use fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions.
- Effectively communicate with managers, field representatives and mechanics from airline operators and is encouraged to provide feedback/input and respond to concerns.
- Complete, update and maintain records for all maintenance performed in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or other regulatory agency procedures.
- Resolve customer in-service issues and foster an understanding of customer engine maintenance and repair considerations/preferences.
- Develop internal service center procedures in order to align with all FAA and/or other regulatory agency requirements.
- Note: This position is based in Dallas, Texas and you must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (~40%) to support Pratt & Whitney customers.
- High school diploma or associate's degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience required.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Applicants MUST possess a FAA Airframe & Powerplant certificate and satisfy FAA drug and alcohol testing program requirements - this is a requirement.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required
- Utilize computers for daily work tasks
- Effectively communicate directly with customers
- Facilitate positive interpersonal interactions
- Work within a collaborative environment
- You are sensitive to attention to detail
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366039
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Line Maintenance Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US