Associate Director, Commercial Engines Communications
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11020
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365315 Date posted 10/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Product Communications Center of Excellence (COE) is seeking an outstanding candidate to lead the GTF Engine Communications. Youwill work with the CE business leaders, including the programs, sales and customer support organizations, to help drive business results by providing world-class communications.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Create and implement comprehensive, integrated communications plans that support the organization's business objectives, key messages and employee engagement goals. Track campaign progress and measure results.
- You will develop and refine a compelling GTF narrative with messages and proof points for external and internal stakeholders. You will partner with the Media Relations/CE spokesperson to achieve a positive GTF narrative in the media and leverage program news, and with the Brand & Advertising team to develop and deliver effective assets as part of our GTF communications campaigns. You will help build and advance our relationships with our communications counterparts at air framers, partners and operators to protect and enhance the reputation of the GTF program and support sales campaign success.
- You will partner with the Employee Communications team to build employee awareness, alignment and engagement in support of the GTF program goals and wider Pratt & Whitney internal communications objectives. Partner with our international communications colleagues to support the reputation of the GTF engine globally and the success of key international sales campaigns.
- You will develop a close partnership with the Digital Communications COE to design and deploy messages and assets which generate strong engagement, externally and internally. you will lead issues management for the GTF program and ensure that the Communications leadership is kept apprised of issues concerning the program.
- You will prepare and secure approvals for media holding statements, Responses To Queries, Q&As and talking points in partnership with the Media Relations COE. And you will provide communications counsel to CE leaders on presentations, speeches and talking points concerning the GTF engine.
Do you Meet the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English, public relations or related field. MBA or MS in business management or communications desired.
- Strategic thinker and self-starter
- Strong project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Proven leader with strong interpersonal, influencing and teaming skills
- Excellent written, oral and e-communications skills
- Proven track record of delivering successful campaigns for global engineering /manufacturing organizations, preferably in the aerospace or a related industry
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience with traditional and non-traditional communication platforms, including print, electronic, social media, video and industry events
Approximately 10% travel to both domestic and international locations
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365315
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Commercial Engines Communications
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US