Source Approval Engineer, Castings
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11019
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365440 Date posted 10/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for! We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Castings Engineer. Â
Job Responsibilities :
- Perform Engineering Source Approval activities for both domestic and international suppliers.Â
- Interface with supplier engineers, Engineering, Procurement and Quality, as needed, to complete initial approvals, changes and processing variations.Â
- Manage schedules and resources to ensure rapid, robust, technically sound and procedurally correct approvals.Â
- Participate in Casting Discipline weekly meetings to gain efficiencies, communication and ensure alignment among practitioners.
- Travel may be up to 40%.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills Â to interface with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities
- Ability to work well in a fast paced production type environment and to rapidly react to business needs
- Good analytical and observational skills
- Able to work in a self-directed manner
- A broad knowledge of materials and processes used in gas turbine engine manufacture
- Comprehensive experience in metal processing, particularly castings
- A good understanding of P&Wâ€s design, manufacturing and quality systems, as well as a good understanding of the ESA approval process, are desirable
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365440
Community / Marketing Title: Source Approval Engineer, Castings
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US