Quality Engineer, Russia
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11014
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361050 Date posted 10/30/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
We have a RARE opportunity for a Quality Engineer supporting the NGPF PW1400G program onsite for Irkut at their Podding Facility and Final Assembly Line (FAL) manufacturing site located in Irkutsk, Russia! You will initially support the compliance engine phase of the program into production at the Podding & FAL sites. You will work in conjunction with onsite personnel, Pratt and Whitney Middletown, CT Quality Engineers and P&W Operations by serving as a focal point that works with Engineering, Customer Support, Procurement, and other functional disciplines to drive final delivery of power plants to Irkut.
This position requires innovative ways to problem solving, the ability to develop timely action plans for resolution, and to lead implementation of corrective actions to the action plan developed. Strong quality system knowledge, familiarity with SAP System transactions, and the ability to query data from SAP and Solumina database systems are all skills that you will use heavily in this role. Additional duties will include:
- Provide technical support and maintain a strong working relationship with the UTAS/PWC/PW and Irkut teams.
- Investigate and analyze any hardware/assembly concerns causing Engine Center quality and delivery issues by reviewing procedures, specifications, instructions, processes, and equipment to ensure compliance to applicable drawing, specifications, and standards in an effort to resolve these concerns.
- Resolve proper disposition of nonconforming material when participating in the Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Generate, maintain, and provide quality metrics to the P&W Management team and lead quality improvement programs.
- Help to craft and implement standard work for all onsite processes.
- Serve as an on-site customer interface for P&W at the Irkut and facility.
- Establish and maintain customer relations and other meaningful functions, with respect to the quality for the PW1400G program as appropriate for the entire propulsion system.
- Serve as a liaison to government and customer representatives for the Quality discipline as needed for this program.
- Must be able to obtain authorization to work in Russia and relocate for three to five years (will train in US for 2-6 months)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Engine Assembly and Test Experience preferred
- Quality management system knowledge and familiarity with quality plan compliance preferred
- Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles or experience with a continuous improvement program (Sig Sigma/ACE)
- Ability to interpret engineering technical data and provide direction to multi-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, presentation, planning, problem solving, project management and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) & Federal Air Transport Agency (FATA) regulatory requirements or work experience with government regulatory agencies preferred
- Knowledge of AS9100
- Ability to speak and read Russian a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01361050
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer, Russia
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US