Senior Manager, Business Controls
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11011
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364637 Date posted 10/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Pratt & Whitney Business Controls Group is seeking a highly motivated individual with a diverse background to join our team and play a key role in maintaining & improving P&W's overall control environment. The open position is Manager, Business Controls, which is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a dynamic finance professional who seeks to build on their existing Accounting and/or Audit experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business.
- You will perform risk based Accounting & Control Assessments (ACA's) to ensure financial, operational and compliance risks are appropriately managed through compliance with UTC and P&W policies, procedures and control activities
- Develop, design and execute critical business process reviews; including the identification and evaluation of risk triggering events and assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate identified risks, and; identification of potential operational improvement opportunities
- Develop, design and execute Continuous Controls Monitoring initiatives to actively identify and quantify potential control failures and development of appropriate follow-up actions
- Work closely with management to develop appropriate management action plans to address any control related gaps or concerns identified
- Support ad-hoc requests and advisory services to the Finance organization
- Promote the awareness of risk management and related control requirements and best practices through proactive knowledge sharing and execution of training initiatives
- Prepare clear, concise and meaningful reports upon the completion of risk based accounting and controlled assessments and critical business process reviews for presentation to local, regional and WHQ management
- Management reporting of consolidated business controls related activities and issue analyses
- Lead key business controls special projects; designing project scope to ensure key business risks are identified and responded to effectively via project mandates, actively engaging and communicating via formal and informal reporting to all project partners
- Support various business control activities focused on ensuring appropriate controls related to SAP access and role design
- 10+ years of accounting and auditing experience
- Bachelor's degree required; accounting or finance preferred
- US Citizen due to contracts
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364637
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Business Controls
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US