Manufacturing Applications IT Manager
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11006
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364769 Date posted 10/29/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt and Whitney, a subsidiary of UTC, is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and regional aircraft, propulsion systems.
For more than 80 years, Pratt & Whitney has been delighting customers with dependable engines. Inspired by a legacy of experience and the innovative technology of tomorrow, our workforce is designing, producing, and maintaining engines that power airlines around the world.
Pratt and Whitney Digital Technology - Manufacturing Applications, has an open position for a DT lead based in Columbus, GA.
Seeking a highly motivated DT manager with strong project management skills to provide overall support for the P&W manufacturing facilities located in Columbus, GA. The selected candidate will be responsible for business & technical systems management, DT infrastructure services oversight, and project execution management for ERP (SAP) and manufacturing execution systems. The selected individual will work with core
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in 24/7 environment to include off-shift and weekend incidents
- Provide DXC project oversite and status updates to business stakeholders
- Provide monthly updates to DT leadership on key aspects of local business DT components
- Support enterprise-wide DT initiatives and serve as POC for all local DT implementations
- Work with key business leaders to understand specific DT requirements
- Translate customer requirements into a solution design primarily across multiple manufacturing applications and enterprise applications
- Understand key applications usage for the business and serve as liaison to subject matter experts
- Work with other P&W DT disciplines to ensure coordinated project delivery to meet business priorities
- Work with P&W andÂ DXC resources to develop applications supporting business objectives
- Work with P&W and DXC resources to support SCADA architecture/applications, as well as industrial machine controllers (CNC, PLC), and other peripherals
- Document local DT processes & procedures and ensure audit compliance
- Address facility expansionÂ & business transformation requirements
- Perform budget & investment Â planning for Information Technology needs
- Streamline business workflow processes and develop effective technology
- Management of components of DT software life cycle development processes
- Manage the priorities and requirements and ensure delivery with the outsourced infra-structure service supplierÂ
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelorâ€s degree in DT or 5+ years DT experience (comparable combination of education & experience will be considered such as ITIL certification)
- Experience in customer-facing role serving as Customer Relationship Manager
- Manufacturing execution systems experience SAP, SAP CAMS/Visaprise or Solumina other comparable product
- Demonstrated leadership skills; direct supervisory experience
- Proven written/verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels
- Excellent customer service skills required providing a high level of service to satisfy/fulfill internal or external needs accurately in a timely manner
- Must be able to work independently with limited direction to accomplish goals, and have the ability to recognize areas for process improvement & formulate actionable plans to address such areas.
- Organized/ detail-oriented, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interpret high level business requirements, and liaise between business customers, technology teams and support teams.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, project management, concise writing, communications and presentation skills highly desired.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment, able to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
- Team oriented, with a strong work ethic and versatility are a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364769
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Applications IT Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US