Manufacturing Engineer - Mikro Systems
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 11004
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363751 Date posted 10/29/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful, and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
Mikro Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pratt and Whitney, located in Charlottesville Va., is looking for experienced and skilled Mechanical Design Engineers to aid in its development of new products to support the Aerospace Industry.
Mikro Systems patented TOMO manufacturing platform allows us to build high performance products with reduced R&D time and improved manufacturing processes. Our partners include global high-technology manufacturing companies and government agencies.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Implementation of new capital equipment from specification and ordering through delivery, installation and release to production;
- Help build and maintain shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs;
- Participate in Achievable Competitive Excellence (ACE) initiatives;
- A working-knowledge of the ACE Tools (Achievable Competitive Excellence) is desired including Process Certification & Management, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing;
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, Integrated Product Teams, systems designers, and Information Systems;
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factor risks and addressing quality issues;
- Use statistical analysis tools to perform Root cause analysis and corrective actions on non-conforming product;
- Must be able to fully document problem statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and recommendations
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years' of manufacturing experience or 3+ years' with an advance degree
- 1+ years of experience independently analyze and achieve problem resolution using standard engineering techniques and problem-solving skills
- 1 +years' of experience with Root cause analyst principles and tools
- 1+ years' of experience with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- US Citizenship required due to government contract
- BS or higher in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 1+ years' of experience handling export-controlled materials;
- Experience with operating in an ISO 9000-registered environment;
- Standard manufacturing principles such as milling, turning, grinding and EDM;
- Project management experience
Mikro Systems is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363751
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Mikro Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US