GROUP - Finance/Accounting Summer 2020 Internship
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10981
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363706 Date posted 10/28/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The intern will be a key member of the Engine Services Controllers team. Â Engine Services is responsible for management of the long term maintenance contracts within the Commercial Engines aftermarket business. The majority of P&W large commercial engines are covered by some type of long term maintenance contract (FHA, FMP, MMP, MCG etc.) Â These aftermarket agreements are key to our go to market strategy with our customers. Â This position will provide the intern a unique experience to learn firsthand about the long term strategies for maintaining and managing a large and complex engine fleet.
This internship will provide exposure to the largest portion of the Commercial Engines aftermarket revenue stream. Â The Engine Services organization has high visibility with the P&W Controllers department as well as Commercial Engine FP&A.
- The candidate will work closely with a Finance team to deliver real results in the areas of accounting, finance, financial planning and analysis or financial operations.
- Interns will work on day to day financial tasks as well as ad hoc projects assigned by the department.Â
- Summer interns may also have the opportunity to work with the Sarbanes Oxley tool, which includes gathering documentation and testing.
The successful candidate will be involved and potentially work with current associates of the Financial Leadership Program (FLP).
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Applicant must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Fields of study:Â Finance, Accounting, Economics.
- You are graduating between: Â May 2021 â€" May 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363706
Community / Marketing Title: GROUP - Finance/Accounting Summer 2020 Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US