MC&O – EHRO – Lean Manufacturing Co-Op
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10977
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01364192 Date posted 10/28/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO) is a world-leading aerospace component repair business located on P&W's East Hartford campus. The business specializes in repairing stators, combustors, fan blades and rotating jet engine parts and serves Pratt & Whitney and a variety of global customers.
EHRO is looking for an engineering intern to assist the EHRO management team with a variety of key Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives. The intern will work directly with the EHRO operations group on projects to improve productivity, quality and On-Time Delivery (OTD).
Key projects & responsibilities:
The student will receive training in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma utilizing UTC's industry-leading production operating system, ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence).
The assignment includes:
- Working with hourly and salary employees on projects using detailed root cause analysis and standard work to reduce turn-around time and improve customer satisfaction.
- Participation in Kaizen events will provide experience in leading and rapidly implementing change.
- Projects will provide experience in developing, evaluating, planning and implementing new and improved processes.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program, studying: Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduation date after December 2020
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional communication skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Works well with Microsoft Office applications
- Manufacturing Lean knowledge with experience is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01364192
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O – EHRO – Lean Manufacturing Co-Op
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US