Structures Supervisor, Compression Systems Engineering- AETP HPC
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10966
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361164 Date posted 10/27/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a Structures Supervisor to be based in East Hartford, CT.
As Structures Supervisor, you have responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of the AETP High Pressure Compressor module, within Compression Systems Engine. You will prioritize and coordinate task assignments, employee performance and results for the group. In addition, you will support the AETP HPC Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) in task planning, coordinating resources and requirements, and communication with the program office and chief engineer customers. In this supervisory position you will lead a small group of Structures engineers
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide cradle-to-grave analytical support, from detailed-design through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Coach, train and develop the technical proficiency of structures engineers.
- Review and approve stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life and crack growth prediction analyses.
- Provide structures support for validation testing, production and engineering investigations.
- Ensure support for multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Ensure appropriate Outsourcing work is completed, reviewed and approved, consistent with discipline strength and development.
- Collaborate with other groups to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Ensure accurate documentation and communication of results to management and external customers.
10% Travel is Anticipated
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 8+ years of gas turbine experience
- U.S. Citizenship Required due to government program requirements.
- BS in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
- Structures Engineering background
- Experience with technical communication to engineering and program executive management
- Proven leadership experience
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to build positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01361164
Community / Marketing Title: Structures Supervisor, Compression Systems Engineering- AETP HPC
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US