Materials Supervisor - Columbus Georgia Engine Center Pratt & Whitney
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10963
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357811 Date posted 10/25/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talentedÂ Material SupervisorÂ to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
If you are a dedicated individual who wants to work in a dynamic environment to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the right opportunity for you!
As the Materials Supervisor, you will manage a team as well as their time and schedule for shop floor material functions.
You will also coordinate turnovers with other work shifts and track execution turnovers with other work shifts.
YourÂ Responsibilities/Accountabilities include:
- Responsible for all or a major operations of the off shift materials department
- Present to management shop floor status
- Coordinates scheduling and personnel
- Plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving, or the warehouse, to production
- Manages material inventory, supplier integration strategies and import/export controls
- Manages and supervises the work of logistics team member
- Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple logistic disciplines
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- Minimum 3 years in materials in a manufacturing environment that includes leadership/supervisory responsibilities
- 3 years ERP experience (SAP preferred)
- Experience in a FAR 145 Repair station
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience
- APICS certification
- 2+ years of SAP
- Logistics, Materials, Financial exposure preferred
- PC Skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and graphics software preferred- Specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational, planning and financial skills
- Leadership and Team Building Skills
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357811
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Supervisor - Columbus Georgia Engine Center Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US