GROUP - Finance/Accounting Summer 2020 Internship
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10959
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363663 Date posted 10/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney Controller's Group - Collaboration Accounting. The Collaboration Accounting team is responsible for administering the agreements with Pratt's Risk and Revenue Sharing Partners on all programs. The group performs accounting to record the transactions during month end closing and then prepares packages to report each collaborators share of both revenue and costs associated with that month's activities. Wire payments are made and invoices are created each month. Each program/collaborator has distinctions within their agreements making the process interesting, challenging and different each month. The group is focused on process improvements and is continuously challenged to figure out how to transact new transactions for Pratt's newest engine programs as they ramp up in volume.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- The candidate will work closely with a Finance team to deliver real results in the areas of accounting, finance, financial planning and analysis or financial operations.
- Interns will work on day to day financial tasks as well as ad hoc projects assigned by the department.
- Summer interns may also have the opportunity to work with the Sarbanes Oxley tool, which includes gathering documentation and testing.
The successful candidate will be involved and potentially work with current associates of the Financial Leadership Program (FLP).
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- U S Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Fields of study: Finance, Accounting, Economics
- You are graduating between: December 2021 - May 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363663
Community / Marketing Title: GROUP - Finance/Accounting Summer 2020 Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US