Weekend Shift Operations Supervisor Columbus Georgia Engine Center - Pratt & Whitney
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10956
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363120 Date posted 10/25/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
For us at the CEC, we are focused on providing an outstanding customer experience and delivering the best engines safely, timely, and on quality.
Quality is personal! Peopleâ€s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time to the men and women who save our lives â€" what we do matters, every day!
Your principle duty in this position is to provide supervision, leadership and support to the business, ensuring smooth and efficient operations for Jet Engine disassembly processes. This will require continually searching for opportunities to improve the production processes and the product using a variety of problem solving techniques, effective interpersonal and communication skills, along with technical proficiency.
You'll motivate, coach, and encourage employees to optimize career development and personal satisfaction.
If you desire working in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Your responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Define and Implement plans to support the objectives of the business including Quality, ACE and Financial Metrics
- Meet business metrics goals as defined for each cell (Cost, Quality, Delivery, EH&S)
- Lead process improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies to improve quality, decrease process cycle time and reduce operational costs
- Implement root-cause corrective actions in a timely manner to ensure quality standards are maintained
- Manage Capital and Expense Budgets for assigned cell
- Meet the schedule, plan and execute contingency plans
- Coordinate CECâ€s policies and procedures to ensure compliance and equitable treatment for all employees
- Lead all aspects of assigned hourly workforce: (Time & attendance, time off, rewards, vouchering, training, communications, etc)
- Ensure all Operations employees have current development plans and performance reviews
- Coach employees to develop a motivated, effective team
- Demonstrates commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities
- Conduct performance and skill review processes for Operations Technicians, Powerplant Mechanics, and Inspectors
- Must be willing to relocate to Columbus, GA
- Ability to work any shift
First shift: Monday - Thursday 5:30 am - 4:30 pm
2nd Shift: Monday- Thursday 3:30 pm - 2:30 am
Weekend Shift: Friday - Sunday 6:30 am - 7:30 pm
- BA/BS degree with at least 3 years' experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role
- Powerplant License OR certificated / eligible for a Repairmen's Certificate
- MA/MS degree w/2-5+ years experience
- Minimum two years experience in leadership/supervision
- Turbine engine overhaul, repair or related experience desired
- PC Skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and graphics software preferred. (Specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint + Windows 97)
- Strong organizational and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work all shifts
- FAA Safety Sensitive Position
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363120
Community / Marketing Title: Weekend Shift Operations Supervisor Columbus Georgia Engine Center - Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US