Engineering Lead-Savannah, GA
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10953
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329394 Date posted 10/25/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Engineering Lead to be based in Savannah, GA.
Plan and interface with P&WC on-site and Customer resources to meet assigned program technical & schedule milestones.
Engineering activities with focus on Flight Test support coordination and communication ensuring they are meeting P&WC and external customer requirements.
Primary responsibilities include IPPS technical and logistical oversight for aircraft flight test development through, certification, & support as required for production and entry into service activities.
Develops a strong working relationship with both P&WC and IPPS IPT's and flight test groups, and helps bring resolution to issues.
Facilitates communications between P&WC and Customer Program Management teams. Tracks Customer program certification schedule / performance against targets/guarantees.
Co-ordinates support for all Flight Test activities to ensure Program schedule / milestones are supported.
Participates in Flight Test readiness process to ensure flight test availability. Plans and schedules Flight Test activities.
Participates in pre and post flight briefings. Takes actions and drives to closure.
Drive local software testing, and communicate challenges/needs and drive resolutions.
Monitors quality, reliability & availability issues to ensure top drivers are identified & resolved.
Implementation of IPPS retrofit programs to achieve development and certification testing needs
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field;.
- 8 yrs experience in engine/Powerplant design, manufacturing or service & support.
- 3 yrs program management experience.
- US Citizenship or Green card holder
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of Aircraft Industry Production, Engineering, Quality, Material & Service and Support operations.
- Detailed understanding of Program/Project Management processes and procedures.
- Strong background in engine/Powerplant system development, production, test and certification processes and procedures.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision and mentorship on-site at a customer's facility.
- Ability to resolve complex customer issues.
- Requires very strong and oral, written & presentation skills. Ability to craft clear communication
- Knowledge and/or experience in development and certification of complex systems, and understanding of Regulatory requirements (TC, FAA and EASA).
- Strong knowledge of both P&WC and Aircrafft OEM Quality systems.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329394
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Lead-Savannah, GA
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US